So as of Friday poor little Ansleigh has been having stomach issues...with projectile vomiting and all. We saw the Dr. had a lovely late night talk with her and now have some Zantac that is suppose to help. I sure hope it does, it is really hard to watch her struggle.
I know this isn't too uncommon, so do any of you have any suggestions/ tricks to help comfort a reflux baby? I figure with all of the grand kids there are bound to be a couple or more that had the same problem.
So let me know what tricks you all have up your sleeve.
Thanks!!!
1 week ago

5 comments:
Gabe had that same problem. He was put on the same medication as well. It seemed to help him a bit. It didn't take it completely away though. I never found anything that completely helped him. He was lucky I didn't throw him out the window some days. :) Good luck! I hope the medicine works for her. It should. Give it time.
Lindsey
It helps if they sleep on an incline. The Zantac should help too. Sorry you are having a hard time! It is seriously Not fun to watch your baby be so uncomfortable.
I just want to say a huge sorry and I wish I was there. I am hoping it isn't like Will. He was perfect until two weeks and then he became a different child. They said he had colic and I said, "Something else is wrong. He is in a lot of pain." He didn't projectile vomit so I didn't think it was reflux at first but he would take 1 1/2 hours to eat because it would hurt him so bad. He would eat, scream, eat, scream.
He never slept because it hurt too badly to sleep. We put him on an incline and it helped a little but not very much.
At two months we took him in and I told the doctor he needed to do something for Will or something for me because we would not both make it through this. They gave him a medicine that did not work. The crying and nonsleeping continued.
At five months I got some zantac and that, along with just getting older, seemed to help resolve most of his issues. Also, starting him on cereal helped. But that was five months.
I was so depressed and thought I could never have another child. It was the worst experience I've ever had. I thought we would never connect because he cried so much and I couldn't make him happy. I felt like he hated me and sometimes I wondered if I really liked him. That sounds terrible but it was a very dark few months for us.
So, this isn't meant to scare you. But, I am telling you all this to say that I completely understand what you are going through and I hope you can get help and I hope it isn't the same and if it is, you have to get some support from your family and your friends. And you can call me anytime you want!
I love you guys and we are praying the medicine works!
Thanks for the advice and sharing your experiences. It helps a lot! She has been on the Zantac since Sunday morning and hasnt projectile vommitted since. She still fusses a bit after feeding but seems overall to be doing really really well!
I am going to look for something today at the store to help keep her on an incline. I have been using the boppy for now but want something more legit and safe.
Overall she is adapting well, is such a calm little baby, and we hope it only gets better from here.
we didnt have that issue with the older two but Lorelai was very colicky and the only thing that seemed to help her was sleeping in the swing swaddled (hey it is at an incline :)) and I gave her gripe water.... it helped settle her tummy.
Post a Comment