My co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower this past Thursday night at work. They threw one on night shift with that crew and another one in the early morning with day shift. I have worked on both and know both shifts of nurses and techs very well.
Of course it couldn't be long and extensive as we all had patients that needed to be taken care of but there was a ton of food and fun. I wish I had a camera and could have taken pictures of all of the dinner food at night and then breakfast food in the morning. It was amazing. A lot of my co-workers are from Africa so a lot of it was their ethnic food (for the night one) and it is amazing. Mostly Nigerian food, which if you ever get a chance to eat.. I say do it. They really like spicy food and curry. Yummy stuff!
The majority of my co-workers gave money that was then put onto a gift card by Chinasa, the organizer. I'm not going to say the total because it was that much! It has already been such a blessing. I am overwhelmed at how willing they are to help our family and new little girl. I went to the store a couple of times this weekend and wrapped up all of the things that we needed to welcome and be ready for our little girl to come. I finally feel prepared and it feels great! I also got blankets, books, clothes, wipes and much more. Fun times!!!
Now we just need her to show up!!!
1 week ago

6 comments:
I'm so excited for you! Showers for babies are so much fun. I was always embarrassed with the wedding shower because I just felt like the center of attention but the baby shower is so much more fun because it's all about the baby! I'm glad they did that for you.
How super cool to have a baby shower, well two baby showers and being surprises. I'm glad you both have received all you have needed for the baby and feel ready to have her now! That's a great feeling.
I've always felt like waiting for your first baby is like waiting for Christmas to be here, knowing you have an awesome present to open. Bummer is not knowing what day it will happen.
Wish we lived closer so we could help you.
That is so awesome! I'm really happy that they gave you a shower. They must love you and recognize the goodness that's all about you.
I'm glad you finally feel ready.
That Ammon comment was by Mom - I forgot that he was under his name and I stole the computer away from him. Ammon said that he is excited to have you come for Christmas and see that little baby.
Chris tells me I should deliver my baby belly. Do you think if they give me a shower I could get money?
Dad Clark
ha ha ha thats funny Jim! My little brother said he wants to deliver his baby the same time I deliver mine..he has a little belly.
Post a Comment