Sep 27, 2010

Baby Shower #2

I had another baby shower this past Saturday! This one was a joint one with my friend Lindsay thrown by Mallory and Elizabeth from our ward. I was a little apprehensive about it at first because I am not too close with many people in our ward and felt a little awkward having a party where they would bring me gifts. Boy was I wrong for feeling that way, I should have known better being a member of the church. I have always had supportive amazing wards. This one is no different than the rest.

Over 30 women came! It was so much fun to get to know them all better. I am so grateful to know that I have so many women so close that I can turn to if I needed it, the baby shower made me realize that even more than ever. My mom and aunt Kaylauna came as well. I wasn't able to bring our camera because Dave had our memory card with him while he was running errands. Luckily both Lindsay and Elizabeth brought theirs and got some amazing pictures.

Here are a few!

This is Lindsay, Elizabeth and Me! Elizabeth is so creative and cute. She decorated the food table!



How adorable is this. I mean really? The cupcakes where chocolate and strawberry. They were so good!






This is Elizabeth and Mallory. The party planners! They did such a great job!







Lindsay and I being pregnant. I am a lot further along than she is, as if that wasn't obvious by this picture. She is having a little girl too! I cant wait to have our girls play together! It has been nice having two friends that are pregnant at the same time with their firsts. We have had some good times with more to come!

4 comments:

valerie said...

Looks like it was fun! I am sad I missed it.. in a way. :) i am excited for your little girl to come!

Michelle said...

How fun to have a party thrown for you!!! I love opening presents. What was you most favorite gift? What do you still need?

Dave and Tana said...

My mom got her the most amazing blessing dress! Also, a lady in my ward made such a beautiful blessing blanket. I will post pictures of it all when the day comes!
We don't really "need" anything. I think we are pretty set and it feels great!

Lindsay said...

That shower was seriously so cute and fun! I cannot believe all the awesome stuff we both got! *BTW I almost put the same background you just did... maybe I still will. Love it. :)