It all started on Saturday morning, the 3rd, with the pancake breakfast we through for our ward. We had a great turn out, which we were happy about. We had it outside the building and it was such a pretty day; I think the highest it got all day was in the low 80's. After the ward breakfast everybody went to the Fairfax parade. Dave and I didn't go because I had to work the night before and went to the breakfast straight after, so I was pretty wasted and sleep sounded so much better, at the time. On Saturday night we grilled out with my parents and had some very yummy typical 4th of July food. After dinner we went to the Fairfax firework show with my brothers. It was so amazing. Dave and I actually think it was just as good as stadium of fire. The finale was massive and never ending. We loved it. I didn't get any pictures of this day because I forgot my memory card in our laptop. Oh well!
Then on the 4th of July we went to church and after went down to DC with my family and a family from their ward. We sat around the Washington Monument and had snacks and played games like signs and mafia as we waited for the show. Of course it was an amazing firework show. DC did not disappoint! It took us 2 1/2 hours to get home. Craziness. I have never seen so many people leaving one place at a time. Insane! After the drive home we decided that it was defiantly a once in a lifetime experience and that next year Fairfax's celebrations would be more than enough for us.
Then..ahah..( I told you it was a fun filled weekend).. on Monday the 5th we went to Lake Anna with my family. It is a very busy lake and we have learned that waking up early is the only was to get some nice lake time, beat the crowds that typically sleep in. So, after 5 1/2 hours of sleep we were on the road again to the lake. It was such a nice day. Hot, but nice! Dave is getting pretty awesome at wake boarding and picking things up so quickly. After lunch we threw the crane out and floated around in the water for an hour or so, my favorite part (since I cant wake board right now). We got home around 630 and we were wasted. I took a shower and immediately fell asleep.
Good times! We love America!!
Here are some pictures of us at Lake Anna on Monday the 5th. Dave had his first jump that he landed! He is picking this sport up really fast, not surpirsed with how athletic he is, though.

3 comments:
sounds like fun!! I love the 4th of July!
Your activities made me tired! I don't know how you kept up with all of it... whew.
Looks like fun and I bet it was awesome to see fireworks at the capitol! You must have been exhausted!
Post a Comment