Jan 6, 2011

Crazy busy

Dave and I recently bought a magnetic dry erase calendar to stick on our fridge in the attempts to keep our schedules somewhat organized and in sync. Immediately after putting it up I got all bummed out about how infrequently we will be seeing each other and really how much less time I will have with Ansleigh.

Work was super rough the first day. I was waiting and waiting for Dave to text me when she woke up in the night to let me know how she was doing. I was worried about things like her not taking a bottle well to being cold because she wouldn't be wrapped the way I do it.

I stand corrected now.

Dave is so great at taking care of her! I never really doubted that he wouldn't be I just have been doing it for that past three months and thought that I therefore had to be better at it.

In the past two days Dave has found new tricks for her naps, like closing his eyes slightly while he is holding her which gets her to realize it is OK to close her eyes as well. He showed me today when she was a bit fussy and tired and it worked almost immediately. It was hilarious!

He is a great daddy and now I don't get so worried about going to work. I know that my baby love will be taken care of perfectly. I am still sad that it can't be me 24/7 but I am so great full to have a job with great health insurance and a very very flexible schedule.

Ansleigh is growing so fast and changing so much! I attempted to take some new pictures of her earlier this week but she is super squirmy so this is what we got...






She loves to stare at her hands and chomp on them, kick her feet and stare at them as well, sit up a lot, talk all of the time and dance and "fly" with Dave!

8 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

She is so chubby! So cute! And it always amazes me that Kyle can take care of our kids too. I do it all the time- so it would make sense that I would be better at it. But they do just fine. Glad things are going well!

Michelle said...

Very cute pictures. I'm glad things are going well for you all! Wish I could see her.

Jess and Jen said...

Such a cute little girl! I love her chubbiness! Dave's trick is a great one...it's worked with all of my babies! -Jen

The Duke said...

I'm so happy that Dave is able to take care of your baby love while you are gone. I thought it would kill me to leave Ammon. I don't think I trusted Jim very well -- and Jim has done very well taking care of Ammon. I was pretty sure, after seeing the gentle care David was giving Ansleigh when he was here, that he would do just fine.

valerie said...

Tana she is so cute.. I am sorry you and dave don't get to spend a lot of time together. I am always willing to watch her if you guys just even want to chill at home for a while with out her. Even though I know you would probably be thinking about her the whole time.. :)

gillian said...

She looks so cute and is getting soo big! I miss not having her here to snuggle! I'm sorry you have to go back to work. :( I always knew dave was a softie at heart :)

Analee and Joe said...

She is so cute Tana! Daddys sure know how to take care of their baby girls. Joe was almost better at putting addisyn to sleep than me (besides the nursing thing). Addi got so chubby and she had to be bounced in our arms facing out, so Joe was able to do it longer and let her fall asleep. It still melts my heart watching him care for her, but you're right, it's so hard to leave our sweet babes. I hope it gets easier for you.

Lokodi said...

She's beautiful. I'm glad to hear Dave is taking good care of her. I was excited for him to have a baby so he could see what it was like. :) I can't wait to see what Ansleigh will look like when she's 3.

Lindsey