Jun 6, 2010

the big 24

Dave had his 24 birthday yesterday. He is getting old! We are leaving the young hip early 20's and entering the late twenties that will bring a lot of growing up and change, which we are excited about! I haven't figured out why, yet, but Dave isn't big into birthdays and definitely not the big birthday bash. So, on Friday we just went to dinner at an amazing Chinese restaurant with my family. It was like PF Chang's but dive style, cheaper but just as good. I am currently craving it and it is 10:13 in the morning. :) On Saturday Dave had an event with the Chesapeake Roller Derby. So, Saturday morning consisted of typical things like cleaning the house and quick grocery shopping. We had Dave's cake, just the two of us, around noon, which ended up being our lunch and then headed up to the roller derby event. And yes it was BTS cake, its one of his favorite. Pretty good stuff! He didn't want to put candles in the cake as it would "ruin" it so I had him hold it and I sang my beautiful solo!

This is the card my parent got him, we thought it was pretty funny!

We think its amazing how you can be in such a metropolitan area and then all of the sudden you are in farm nation. It is so beautiful in the country side of Maryland. Dave explained that it is like Belgium but with hills and without all the "charm." In those hills was the roller derby we were attending. I don't know if any of you have ever seen Whip It (movie about roller derby), if you have imagine the same thing just in a very country hick sort of style. It was fun watching guys and girls knocking each other over and racing in circles. The team that we were there for won their first game last night! They were the Chesapeake pirates so they were all decked out in that sort of gear and some really hard core fans were too.
'


For some reason Batman showed up in his Lamborghini. Dave and I really don't get peoples obsession with cars, but you should have seen these men. They would not leave the car the whole entire night and took so many pictures it probably filled up their memory cards. Lame! We got a serous kick out of it! I guess cars just aren't our thing..and I am proud to say that!



On a side note, we got our India cook book the other day from Mike and Adrianne. We are so excited to start experimenting with all of the options in this book. We have a really great Indian restaurant by our house, so if we can master this we never have to go back, which would be awesome!

4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Hey, we just got ours too! I'm so excited. I hope your birthday was awesome, it sounds like it was. We will see you soon!

chelsey said...

What a funny card! Sounds like Dave had a great bday. We're excited we'll get to see you guys soon and we'll even have a spare room for you to stay in when you come visit!

Miriam Lusk said...

Happy Birthday Dave! I love his Colts T-shirt by the way.

Jason said...

Happy late birthday, Dave. We were out of town all weekend so I didn't get a chance to get on the internet. I share your aversion to big birthday's. I am sure, however, that Michelle (who loves big birthday bashes) will have a lot of fun at my 40th birthday this year.