Here is a little update for everybody on my brother Taylor...He had his surgery on Wednesday. The surgery was explained to us as going to take all day long and would include removing his subclavian (which is a major artery coming off the the aorta), removing his minor and major chest muscles and replacing them with muscles from his back, scrapping the tumor off of the nerve to his arm (which gave him a very high possibility of losing his arm), removing three ribs and placing a metal plate and of course removing the tumor (before all of that).
We have had so many people praying and fasting for him and the Lord definatley heard everybodies prayers and answered them! We had a miracle! The family and him feel so blessed and grateful!
He was only in surgery for 4 hours. The tumor was easily removed and not attached to the part of the heart or to his major chest muscle. In addition, the nerves leading to his harm were not seriously covered by the tumor and not harmed. So, overall, it came out clean and easy without many of the other "expected" difficulties. He is in the hopital now and is expeted to stay until the first of next week! I am so grateful for all of your prayers and concern!

9 comments:
I wrote than here at the hospital post a night with 3 hours of sleep so good luck and I am sure there are quite a few spelling errors! haha
That is smokin' awesome. Glad the surgery went well and it wasn't as bad as originally expected. Glad the two of you could be there for all of it. -Jess
So awesome for you all! I'm glad it all went so much better than expected. Also so wonderful that you and Dave could be there.
That is great you guys! Hope he recovers well. Oh, and get some sleep!!
I was thinking about him all day yesterday and was wondering how it went, so thank you for updating. I'm so happy to hear everything went well. That was great news to hear everything went smoothly.
Lindsey
That's wonderful! Will he still have to undergo radiation or anything else? I'm so glad it all went well for him. Give him our best. Keep us posted!
Awesome! I am so glad that the surgery was so sucessful. I am so glad that you and Dave were able to be there with your family. I hope the rest of his recovery is just as awesome.
The entire day of the surgery I kept watching the clock thinking about Taylor and the rest of the family. It's pretty awful sitting in a waiting area wondering what is going on with your child. I'm so relieved that all went well. I definitely think there were miracles there, too!
We are so grateful for answers to prayers and for the peace the Lord brings into our minds and hearts.
Give your family our very best.
Hooray!!!
Mom C.
Hooray, Tana! That's such wonderful news. What ups and downs you have been through with this whole thing, huh? We're so glad that the surgery went well and that he's doing well.
Post a Comment