So we are officially in the DC area! We arrived on Monday evening and have been getting situated and having some fun on the side, of course! Tuesday was full of unpacking and repacking into our storage unit plus driving and looking at hospitals in the surrounding area...We were wasted by the end of the day and our blow-up matress couldnt have felt better...it is actually suprisingly comfortable! Today , Wednesday, I applied for jobs and then we hit up DC. We walked all over the place and looked like super tourists...one day we will blend in! :)! The humidity was very obvious for Dave and I..while everybody else in the area was wearing jakets we walked around with our long sleeve shirts pulled up and complaining of the musty air...I guess I forgot about humidity after all! We walked to the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial and the Natural History Museum...they were all so neat! The walking was intense but nice! While eating...at a very expensive McDonalds..Dave got a call a call about an internship that he will be starting at the end of May...I am so excited for him! Other than all of that we are just trying to get situated and use to this new area! We love and miss you all!
1 week ago

4 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad you guys made it out there. Congratulations on the internship, Dave! Tana, good luck looking for jobs...I'm sure it won't take anyone too long to figure out that you are great and that they would be lucky to have you working for them! -Jen
I'm excited for both of you - and envious that you get to see so many wonderful historical areas. How far away do your folks live from D.C.? How long does it take to get to DC from their place?
Good luck on finding a job. If you need a recommendation, I'll give you one. :)
Love you guys and miss you already.
Mom
You look like you're settling in quickly. I hope you're able to find a job without much trouble Tana. Have fun checking out your new home!
We're glad you're enjoying yourselves. And we're so excited for you!
Post a Comment