Mar 7, 2012

Visitors!

The Lokodi family was on the East Coast for a quick trip and we were lucky enough to have them stop by our place. Not only are their children adorable but they brought us some very tasty treats that puts chocolate from the states to shame. They came in late Wednesday night, last week, and to be honest I am not sure how they were walking none the less smiling. I loved getting to know their family better (weird since I have been in the family myself for three and a half years), they have such a positive and exciting vibe!
Sadly during the time they were here it was pouring outside so our options were limited, plus they were still adjusting to the time change with three little kids (troopers). We kept it simple and walked around the mall and then indulged in some Cafe Rio. I love that we can get Cafe Rio here too, that place will never get old to me.
Here are some shots of our time together.






Of course it was nice right before they got here and then when they leave we have nice weather again.
Today we hit 67 degrees! Pretty amazing, right? So we went disc golfing. We let Ansleigh run free, her first time being out of the stroller and she loved it, she ran nine holes and could have gone more but I was exhausted from chasing her so we called it quits early. She got the overall concept pretty fast and was putting "her" disc in the basket. She is going to be the best disc golfer ever! While we were out there I was wondering what people were thinking of this huge pregnant lady chasing a little toddler around and then trying to disc golf at the same time. Might I say that if they were really watching I showed them why I was on that course, for some reason when I am pregnant, per Dave, I play better. Go figure. Fun day!


6 comments:

Travis and Lindsay said...

Fun! I love that picture of the little boy holding Ansleigh's hand. I just love that girl! That's so cute that Ansleigh loves disc golfing. haha.

Lokodi said...

We had such a good time visiting with you guys. Thank you for making our time there so fun. I just wish we had more time to spend with all of you. My kids loved Ansleigh. She's such a doll! It makes me wish we lived closer to you guys. I can't wait till you guys come to Germany for a visit.

By the way Tana, you are the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen. Seriously! You're house is adorable too. Thanks again for everything.

Lindsey

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun! Those are some cute pics! And I will never get sick of Cafe Rio either! -We have yet to ever play disc golf...

Dave and Tana said...

Three Lindsay/sey comments so far.. Ha ha, so I'm going to respond to you in your last names. Simmons, The little boy holding Ansleigh's hand is Gabe, sweetest little boy..that moment was too cute! Lokodi, we would love to live closer too. Ansleigh loves being around cousins/ family. Rowe, we need need to get together! I am sure your fam. Would love disc golfing. I'll give you a call soon.

Dave and Tana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

A friend of mine out here, named Jeff Harper, is a disc golf national champion. The man is amazing.

Sounds like you guys had a good time.