Jan 14, 2012

Just a little late

Christmas, wow time flies and I need to blog before the month mark come up!

I"ll start off with the sad part of Christmas to explain why I don't have any pictures. I have been wanting a new camera for awhile now, so Dave got me a camera for Christmas! I got it a couple weeks early since my brother was coming home from his mission and all my family was going to be in town. The Monday before Christmas we went to the temple to see the lights and haven't found it since. I called the visitor center and they didn't have it, I am waiting to call the temple Monday because they have been closed (not counting on it though). So we are now without a camera, yet again.

Our Christmas week started with going to see the temple lights, such a nice way to kick off the week. We went when there was a group of children playing flutes which was adorable and then looked at the nativities from around the world.

On Tuesday my family went for 2 and a half days to snowboard in West Virginia, I couldn't go because my work does not allow us to take any time off during major holidays (lame right). My parents took Ansleigh with them so she was able to enjoy the fun and hang out with family.

They got back from snowboarding Wednesday night and on Thursday we went to Ford's Theater and saw The Christmas Carol. I have not been to a play in a really really long time and I was so impressed. The special effects were jaw dropping, way better than a movie. I want to make it a tradition to go every year while we live here. After the theater we went to a really really good Mozambique restaurant (we are actually going today too, if anybody comes to visit we will def take you there).

On Christmas Eve we went to see Arthur Christmas, it you haven't seen it do. The movie is possibly one of the cutest Christmas movies I've seen. In the evening we had our feast with the Elders. My brothers and I have always slept in the same room on Christmas Eve heading into Christmas day. I am not sure when that tradition is going to end but we did it again this year with our spouses and all (cute). Christmas day was nice and relaxing, eating, church and more relaxing.

It all happened so fast, probably because we kept ourselves on the run! I may be getting pics from family...so there may be a post of just pics!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm so sad about your camera! I would die without mine.. dramatic but true! That all sounds like great Christmas activities... I am glad you got to spend it with your family before your parents left... Hope you guys are doing great :) I love your header pic BTW so darling!