Jan 19, 2012

Projects

Blog world, I am coming back!

I stopped blogging forever and regret it now, mainly because all of Ansleigh's fun memories are not logged anywhere. I have never been great at keeping up a journal and in all honesty don't really want to start (if any of you are amazing at it you are more than welcome to send some inspiration my way). I actually stopped blogging because my life right now really revolves around Ansleigh (which I love) and I felt like people didn't want to sit and read about that all of the time. So, this is more for me and my family and if you want to check in once in awhile as I talk about every little adorable and not so adorable thing my child does then your more then welcome. If not I understand!

To start, a not so adorable thing Ansleigh did. Dave's phone has been missing for over 24 hours. He claims that after running an errand he came in the house, sent somebody a text and then didn't see it since. We have turned our house upside down on the hunt! I kept telling him that he most likely misplaced it (because he is great at that) and that we had looked in all of Ansleigh's hiding spots. Thirty two hours after the phone disappeared and finding out that we would have to pay full price for a new one or find a used one online we prayed that it would be found. Less than ten minutes after looking I decided to search the bottom of my closet, as Ansleigh has been loving purses lately. Lo and behold, the phone fell out of the most random bag that I haven't touch in a couple years! Yeah for prayers!

Now to a cute side of Ansleigh, I went to my friend Valerie's house today and we made aprons for our girls! I am not so crafty but Valerie made sure to keep it simple. The aprons turned out super cute and Ansleigh wore it from the minute it was done until she went to sleep. I was trying to catch some pictures of her in it but she is always on the run....





Thanks Valerie! It was super fun and makes me want to craft more.

Dave and I also have a ton of random projects going on in our house right now. We are having a hard time finding things that we like for wall art and so on and decided to find some inspiration and make our own. One thing that I have been wanting to do is wrap all of our books to create some unity and feature things around the books that I really like. Wrapping books takes forever, by the way, so the project is not fully done but here is a glimpse.



Dave and I made the heart and he is going to frame the canvas soon! We also have had a huge project that is now hanging over our mantel, which I am in love with but I have to finish all of the other little random bits on the mantel before I put that up. All in all, some really fun and inexpensive projects have been keeping up super busy on our off days.

3 comments:

Travis and Lindsay said...

I love reading about my beautiful little neice Ansleigh. Everything you guys have made impresses me. I love the apron!! LOVE! Keep updating. I love the updates.

Did you find your camera??

The Duke said...

I ALWAYS want to read about your life and Ansleigh's life. We miss you guys and this is a great way for us to see her grow up.
She is adorable and the apron is fantastic! So darn cute.

Lindsay said...

Oh I am glad you are back to posting:) I always to read it because we never see you! Love the aprons you guys did great. Cute heart art! We need to get together soon and catch up! Let me know when you are not too busy!!