Oct 9, 2011

One year older and wiser too!

Ansleigh turned ONE yesterday so had a little party with family and friends at our place. We had lunch, which my mom helped me prepare and it ended up turning out really great. We did soup and sandwiches with fruit. We copied a meal that we ate at a restaurant about a week ago and I have to say our version was better, thanks to my mom!

Ansleigh was crawling all over Steve and Ansley pretty much the whole day.



For some reason I just love these balloons hanging from the ceiling. I haven't taken then down yet...





Ansleigh didn't dig in like we imagined. I guess she has had too many sweet things already for this to be all that exciting. She ate slowly, picking one dot off at a time, and was actually pretty easy to clean up.
Dave had no problem finishing her cake, it was so good!





All in all we had a fun time! Thanks to all that came and celebrated our little ones first birthday!

10 comments:

The Duke said...

I sure wish we had been able to be there! She's truly adorable.

valerie said...

It was fun to be there! She is such an awesome little girl! I am so happy that she is yours! It was an awesome party!

Nancy said...

I cannot believe she is one already! The party looked really cute and Ansleigh is so adorable.

Alyssa said...

Happy birthday Ansleigh!

Travis and Lindsay said...

I love that girl! I can't believe how big she's getting! The party looked fun! Wish we could have been there! We miss you all.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Ansleigh! Looks like a fun day.

Lindsay said...

Happy one year! It was a fun party.. loved the food too! Thanks for having us! I love the balloons too.. might just copy that!

chelsey said...

Looks like a party fit for a princess! Glad she had a great first bday!

Papa Doc said...

I thought it was a birthday instead of Christmas. Look at that row of presents. She has some idea now of what the future holds. I have some idea that a certain mother must have had a hand in this gifting. Wow. Could I have a birthday like that?

She is sure cute. When older, I will ask her like I do all of the kids at church: How did you get to be so cute? The answer is: It's beause of my mother. Remember that Dave, and it will serve you well.

Dad Clark

Cassandra said...

she is getting so big! that video of her sweeping cracks me up to no end. also, your brother looks like one of the little boys from Mad Men. Aaaaaaand I miss you. the end.