Aug 13, 2011

Farmer's Market/ Smith Mountain 2011

Lots and lots of pics, WARNING!

We went to the Farmer's Market today here in Fairfax! I have a special little place in my heart for Farmer's Markets. I love how fresh everything is, the creativity that is displayed and the local support. Fairfax's market is not the biggest but it has the best peaches in town; it is hard to beat our amazing grocery store Wegmans. Dave really loves peaches so we buy them from the same people every time. We woke up early and walked to it and it felt so nice! Here are some shots:






I haven't blogged about our lake trip yet but I want to make sure I get it in even though it is late.

We went on our annual Smith Mountain Lake trip with my family a week and a half ago. It was a lot of fun, as always! One thing that hit us all hard this year is that we are all out of shape. Normally we wake board all summer long but this was only our second trip to the lake. My parents sold their boat at the beginning of the season because they are moving to Germany. So, we took things a little bit slower this year and spent a lot of time playing games and pool. I love being able to get together as a "big group" once a year and catch up! We got our first tans of the season, which are fading quickly.... Vacations always seem to go by way too fast.















3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am like you, I love farmer's markets. They are the best. I love how I can get farm fresh tomatoes even before my tomatoes are ready. Great pictures of your lake trip, looks like fun. Are you still going to have the trip next year with your parents in Germany? You could just go there and then see Lindsay too! Ansleigh is adorable as usual. Love her hat she is wearing on the boat.

Papa Doc said...

The cutest picture was that little girl. She is the best peach of all.

Dad Clark

Dave and Tana said...

Michelle, They said they would come back so we could do it but we will have to wait and see. I am not crossing my fingers. We are very excited to go to Germany though and it will be awesome to see Lindsay and her family.