Jul 7, 2011

Blue Bend Camping

Long time, blogging world! I have been real bad about this lately and want to get better so here is a little update... and a couple of blog posts to catch up.

First I'm going to start with the camping...

Ansleigh and I went camping with my family in West Virginia this last week. My grandma and her sisters and parents have been going to this national park since they were in their teens and my mom grew up going there frequently as well. So my Mom's cousin Anne Marie decided to make a little reunion and we all went camping for 4 days and 3 nights.

To be honest, I was dreading the camping trip and wanting to make up a good excuse not to go. Like maybe a flight to Utah? ha! I was not very optimistic about camping with Ansleigh as we have just mastered her sleeping through the night.

I was way wrong on my assumptions. We ended up having a really good time visiting with family and just relaxing in the woods of West Virginia. Ansleigh was so happy to be with all of my cousins (which are closer to her age than mine). She was probably happier camping then at home. We played in a river. Ate a ton of good food. Walked in the woods and went to lake MooMaw ( I love that name).

All in all a success!





No comments: