Mar 2, 2011

Sleep Over

Dave and I try to work out our schedules the best we can so that Ansleigh doesn't have to have a babysitter. It has been working out great so far but we have messed up about twice. Luckily, we have my parents so close and they can watch her for us!

They love to watch her and to be honest I think it is great for her as well. I think she needs to spend time with people other than Dave and I every once in awhile so that she doesn't feel so uncomfortable around others.

Lately we have noticed that she is getting uncomfortable with others holding her or when she cannot see us. Its flattering and all, but I don't want her to feel that kind of anxiety. We recently took her to the Dr because she has had this cold forever and right when I got out of her sight she started to cry. The Dr said that that typically does not start to happen until babies are around nine months old...so she is a little ahead of the game with the whole "stranger danger" thing.

So, all in all, the sleep over with the grandparents and uncle Tate was great for her! My mom took a ton of pictures and it looks like she had a fun time the whole time! Here are a few of them....



She is great at exploding in her pants so she got to have two baths with Grammy.

Tate plays this little game with her and has her ride a horse. She loves it! I am surprised she is not smiling in this one, because typically she always is.

Ansleigh is getting better and better with sitting up everyday...Except when she fell forward and hit her head on the laptop (first real injury and I felt horrible).


Papaw and Sadie giving Ansleigh some love. This dog is hilarious. My brother TJ taught her to love kisses on her neck...kind of weird I know... but one day Ansleigh was reaching forward and touching her for a bit and Sadie when up to Ansleigh and put her neck up to her face. I almost died laughing!

Overall, it was a fun night for Ansleigh and my family!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

So great that you have family near. How close are they to you? I always wished my Mom lived closer. Ansleigh will get better about you stepping out of the room, it is just a stage that passes quickly.

The Duke said...

I love the little hat she has on the last photo. She looks so cute in it. Hopefully she won't get too fearful of others. I think it's important to leave them with babysitters once in a while so they do get used to someone other than their parents. I wish we lived close enough to share in her care.

gillian said...

She is so cute. I love that her smile is just so BIG! Yea I think it's good that you have her stay with other people because the stranger danger thing can be a bad thing because you would never be able to leave her with babysitters! Love you :)

Lindsay said...

She is so stinkin cute! Love that she is sitting up now.. I can't wait for Aly to start doing things.. but I do love that she is little still... you are so lucky your family is here! It's great that she will get to know her grandparents.. take advantage of it! :)

Dave and Tana said...

Michelle, my parents are about a half an hour away give or take with traffic. Not too bad! Dave and I love living close to family..actually since we have been married we have never not lived close...from Provo to Elk Ridge was about a half an hour as well. We are going to enjoy being close to family while we can because we know it wont be realistic forever.

Chris, we wish we or you lived closer as well! That would be so so nice!

Travis and Lindsay said...

She is the cutest! I can't wait until Travis and I get to be in Virgina and seeing you all more.

Jason said...

All children have separation anxiety. As your doc said, it is a stage they all go through.

She is a cutie. Dave is going to have to buy a shotgun that needs lots and lots of cleaning when she gets to be dating age.