Dec 17, 2009

updates and our tiny tree

I thought since everybody else took some pictures of their Christmas decorations we might as well jump on the bandwagon and put ours up. Our decorations have been up since the first day in December, but I think our tiny little tree looks better with gifts around it.
I can't even believe how quickly this month has gone by. I just finished my shopping for Dave and still have a few gifts to go for the family. Time goes by quicker and quicker the older and older you get. Dave and I arent even all that busy right now either, we have a lot of time to ourselves. I can't even imagine how fast life will fly by when kids come along.
Some updates on us are that we went to our first dinner with somebody from our ward. We feel a little out of place in our family ward and then being in nursery and all has'nt helped in getting to know people. The family that we had dinner with was very nice. The husband is a magician on the side and gave us a little show, which was fun. It was good to get to know them better. Another thing new is that we are getting ready for a three day snowboarding trip at the beginning of next week. Dave is a little apprehensive due to his only other terrifying experience with snowboarding. I am ready to get on the snow and go! That is probably because the one time I went I stuck to the bunny hills.
That's about it for now...pictures will soon come of our trip with hopefully only a few bruises and a good story.


3 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Cute tree! I like to wrap presents and put them under the tree early on because I think it looks much better that way...and it's really exciting for the kids to stare at their presents and wonder what's inside!

chelsey said...

Very cute! I wish I could put presents under the tree early! I'm afraid either the kids will open them, or the dog will! Oh well.

The Duke said...

I love your little tree! There's nothing more fun than having your first Christmas together all by yourselves. Being around family is fun, too, but it's fun to start your own traditions.
We went to Riley's reception last night and all of us were trying to figure out a way to convince you to come back to Utah!
We miss you so much.