I have nothing wrong with TV watching but I definitely want limits. I am just wondering what "rules" you all have in your homes. I want to get an idea of what a happy balance may be; I don't want to restrict it completely but I also don't want it taking over our home.
Bring on the opinions!
We want less this...


and a lot more of this.

3 comments:
I don't know, I think you have to figure out the right balance for your family. Today we are watching a lot of "shows" because we are all sick and it's snowing and I don't have the energy to entertain them. I think that is partly why I do "learning activities" and crafts and stuff with them because I don't want them to watch TV all day. But I also have to get stuff done too and I can't be playing with them every minute. Recently we started telling them they had to earn their computer or TV time by doing other good things. So if they play outside, do their homework, read a book, play with each other, do a chore, clean their rooms, etc. then they can watch a show. Mostly though I think you just have to gauge your kids and their behavior and you will know when too much is too much. But again, Ansleigh is pretty little so you can't do the same things we do. It would be hard to get her to do a chore or something before she can watch TV. Just do what feels right for you. I do thinks it is important to have them use their imaginations and not be in front of the TV all day and I do think if you start young it will be easier to monitor as she gets older, but again, I think you have to decide what that will look like. I guess I'm not helping really. Sorry.
depends on the day... but i try to limit TV to about an hour a day and about 20 min of youtube videos.. spread out of course... if he's not fussy and is willing to play or read with me- we do that first for sure. maybe when he's older we'll do an "earning" system but for now- we're flexible.. but i understand the sickies! we watch TV from when we woke up to when we went to bed while i layed on the couch! haha!
Adrianne, I really like the earning computer/ Tv time, I will most likely use that when she gets older. I also completly agree with gauging your family and each kid.
Ansleigh has been needing more entertainment lately and like you said you need to get stuff done sometimes too...I have just been feeling guilty lately, like I shouldn't even have it on because she is only one and a half. Maybe I am being too hard... Dave def thinks so.
Post a Comment