Sep 13, 2011

Dr Seuss plus some

I am in love with collecting books for Ansleigh and her collection is starting to get pretty big. Ansleigh is full on energy and it is really hard to keep her still for very long but books do the trick. So, we read about 3-4 a day and I take advantage of the cuddling time.

Books can get pretty expensive but lucky me I have a thrift store close to my house that sells kids books for 69 cents. The books are all in good shape and a lot of them are donated from libraries so they are extra good. I am kind of in love with running over there lately and seeing what I can find. This is what I found on Saturday!



I also ran over there today and found 8 more! So much fun!

6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Those are great books to stock up on! Good finds! -Jen

Lindsay said...

that is so awesome! And so much cheaper than regular stores... I love thrift stores! nice job.

The Duke said...

Oh books! How I love them. And I especially love children's books. Keep collecting and reading to Ansleigh and she'll learn to love, too. (Well, David didn't love to read so maybe??)
Great finds!

Michelle said...

I love children's books and you are right, consignment and thrift stores are the best places to find them. If you can find "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", "Goodnight Moon", or "the Hungry Caterpillar" those are three books my children just loved. I read that chicka boom book faster and faster until they laughed out loud. Best of luck finding more great buys!

Travis and Lindsay said...

Those are all great books! I've started collecting kids' books and Travis thinks I'm crazy! I just wanna be prepared. haha. I love kids' books. That's awesome Ansleigh enjoys being read to.

Mike and Adrianne said...

I love books too. I joined Children's book of the month club when I had Will--totally worth it to me then. Now I know what to buy you guys...