So this past week we went to Smith Mountain Lake for a week long family boating trip. It was truly awesome. But in the past couple of months I have had some major congestion problems associated with the water. Basically any time my head goes anywhere under water I get major congested and am miserable for the next couple of days... So this trip I came prepared. I went to Dick's and bought some nose plugs to prevent the water from penetrating my nasal passages. I know it's pretty dorky but it worked!!! No congestion all week. Pictures of my dorkiness can be seen here. Just scroll through the whole trip- it was quite fun. BUT, just as I thought I was getting away without any problems both of my ears started to hurt. Well After a visit to the Doctor yesterday I have ear infections in BOTH ears. It is painful. Next time I will bring earplugs as well. Laugh all you want.
Dave
1 day ago

8 comments:
I am sorry! Ear infections are the worst! I hope you feel all better soon!
I think it's good for adults to get the occasional ear infections just so we remember what it feels like when our kids come crying that their ear hurts. My poor kids had SO MANY ear infections, and they make you miserable. Did the doc give any suggestions on what to do with the water? You can't just stay out of the water forever, and you don't want to risk getting infections everytime either. Good luck.
Oh, I feel your pain. I had an ear infection when we lived in Walton and I wanted to die! They hurt so badly. Now that you have had one, you will be a lot more understanding of your baby's ear infections because she will get one -- guaranteed.
I'm sorry you have this trouble with water. You love it - gosh what a pain.
My ears like to plug when they've been submerged in water for a while. Scuba diving would drive me nuts for the week or so after when I couldn't hear. Figured out how to manage it now (besides avoiding scuba...) -Jester
That's kind of crazy - I've never heard of that before. Has this ever happened to you before this summer? Very odd...
-Amy
sorry you are sick! I hate ear infections. do you remember the year I got an ear infection on christmas and had to go to the emergency room? I was just a little girl, it was when we lived in spanish fork. That was the worst. I hope you get better soon. I miss you so much!
Drugs are working fast... I feel much better already. This will give me a better perspective on the pain my children will feel associated with ear infections.
Ouch, ear infections in both ears. How painful for you, so sorry. I hope you don't have this problem forever. Hopefully ear plugs and nose plugs will help.
Post a Comment