Nov 16, 2009

the "other man" in my life

I am sure many, if not all of you, know that last night the Colts played the Patriots and WON...one the the greatest rivalries...so Ive learned.
Dave was pretty excited and had been talking about it on and off for the past several days. I have to mentally prepare myself for these things because Dave morphs into some other man when the Colts play....so I was pumping myself up on Sunday.
Anywhays, the first time I met this crazy "other man" was last year. The Colts were playing the Chargers and lost, which ended their journey in the playoffs. Dave was so so so angry. He was yelling and screaming and hitting things and stomping around. So many friends texted him, I guess knowing how he was going to react and sent words of comfort. I had know idea what to expect and just sat there watching this man stop around and scream. After he calmed down some he just looked at me and said, "I need ice cream. We are going to Coldstone." I still said nothing put on my jacket and followed behind him.
After that experience I was really hoping the best for the Colts last night. Our house was calm and peaceful, unexpectadly, and I went to bed at my usual time. I was out...the deepest of sleep. Then...out of no where...I woke up startled to Dave screaming, "OH MY GOSH! THIS IS EPIC!" He said this over and over and over and talked about the plays over and over and over. Hit our couch over and over and over. He also said, "RILEY I AM SO HAPPY TO BE ON THE PHONE AND SHARING THIS MOMENT WITH YOU!" I couldnt help but laugh and wait for him to calm down so I could fall back asleep.
So...the "other man" did visit...but at least he was happy. GO COLTS!

6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

It was a definitely a happy ending! We were pretty excited here too!

The Duke said...

Get a grip,David -- it's just a GAME!!
I'm so sorry you have to live with a bi-polar man, Tana. Make sure you are well hidden when they play so he doesn't ever mistakenly punch you.:)
This was a truly funny post!

Mike and Adrianne said...

That's funny Tana! I hope they keep winning for your sake!

LanceandNance said...

yeah, Lance is a psycho too. I say to his face, "I don't care what is happening in the game." and he STILL continues to give me the play-by-play of all the "epic" moments of the game. Before the turnaround last night, I said to Lance, "I think they're losing because Tom Brady is hotter than Peyton Manning, " he really loved that. :)

-Nancy

chelsey said...

Sounds like you can join the ranks of millions of wives whose husbands lose all sense of "normal" emotion to sports. Heaven forbid the team loses. Good luck Tana, but I am glad they won too!

The Cooper's said...

Oh Tana, your post made gave me the giggles! Boys are so great! :)