Nov 24, 2009

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

We have had our first visitors here in DC for the past several days. Kurt, who most of you have met, was here from Thursday until today. Also, my best friend Britt and her husband, Chris, made their way down from Boston. We had a great time viewing all the DC sites. One that Dave and I had never been to was Mount Vernon. It is such a pretty place in the perfect location, right on the Potomac. Im not sure if any of you knew, but Mount Vernon was bought and preserved not by the government but by a private woman's society. They also bought all of the land across the Potomac on the Maryland side so that the view remains the same. I thought that was a pretty cool fact. We also went around some of the side towns like Georgetown and showed them what most people dont normally seen.
It was way fun to have people here and we cant believe that they are gone already! Cant wait for more visitors...hopefully some of you all will come out!





2 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I would love to visit Mount Vernon. I looked at it on a map once... but that doesn't count, does it?

Michelle said...

Looks like a pretty cool place. I love having visitors and seeing new places that I otherwise would not have visited.