Sep 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Home sweet home...well not exactly...at least not yet! We went to our new apartment on Friday with all of our stuff ready to move in. We got the keys and walked upstairs and it smelt like a cheap hotel where smoking is welcomed.

Dave was pretty frustrated because he told the renters that the only way he would rent this specific apartment was if the smoke smell was completly gone. The renters said that it wouldnt be a problem to get rid of the smell and that they do it all of the time. We immediatly went to speak with the office about our concerns and they expressed there regrets and said that they will have somebody come and clean our the whole ventilation system, but that they cannot come until Tueday. So, since we have to stay at the parentals for five more days, they are giving us renters credit ( we are now going to use that extra money to buy a mattress :)

Anyways, I went back to the place agian today to try and put a few more things away and even with all of the windows being open and the air conditioner off for over 24 hours the place still stunk just as bad...I called agian and requested that they paint the place as well! So who knows when we will eventually get in...or how long all of pur blankets and couch will have to sit on the patio (in hopes that the smell will not be absorbed) but I still think the place is pretty dang cute and I am willing to wait it out.

Here are a few pictures with our few belongings scattered about!
This first one is our patio. We like our view...we saw three dear across the street yesterday.

This is part of our living room! I really like the big fireplace. I also like that there are a lot of windows.



My parents gave us this table. I really love it. It has been with my parents for many many years. This is the table I ate at since I was around 3 years old..so it is pretty special!








I forgot to get a picture of the office/desk area. It is a built in desk with shelving. It is going to be perfect for Dave's school stuff!


2 comments:

The Duke said...

I really like this place. I sure hope you are able to get the smell out - probably not unless drapery and carpets are removed but it's a really nice place.
How disappointing not to be able to move in after all this long wait!
Sorry!

LanceandNance said...

Looks like a great place. Hope the smell goes away. Smokers are lame.