Jul 6, 2012

4th and 5th

I love the 4th of July; one of my favorite holidays for sure. We had every intention on going all out this year but by the time 6 pm came around we changed our minds (no fireworks for us).

We made sure to make it to the Fairfax parade in the morning. I think the reason we were done by 6 pm was due to our hot hot walk to the parade. Ansleigh loved the bands and dancers the most, that is really all that is fun in a parade anyways. I had the girls wear the dresses I made. They are called pillowcase dresses and are extremely simple and perfect for my first dress. I plan to get more adventurous but need to start with the basics. I think they turned out pretty cute for such a simple dress. 





The evening of the 4th consisted of burgers, disc golf and a lot of patriotic country music (Dave surprisingly didn't complain about that). 

Yesterday Dave, Lucy and I went to the Giants Nats game Once again it was blazing hot, but we still had a ton of fun and the 9 innings went by surprisingly fast. I think watching baseball on TV is so boring but it is so much fun in the stadium, partially due to the amazing people watching (ha!). I hope we keep going to Nats games, even if the Giants aren't in town!

6 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I thought you said you weren't "crafty"! Those dresses are adorable. I'm glad you had a fun few days. Our 4th was actually pretty lame. There were no fireworks allowed anywhere in the city (they are illegal anyway but also all the shows were cancelled from the recent fire). Plus, all of Mike's family was leaving the next morning so they all just spent the day packing. It didn't feel like the 4th of July at all.

gillian said...

I love the dresses Tana!! They turned out SO good! I can't even sew those. You are such a crafty diva! I am glad you guys got to go out to a game. We didnt watch fireworks either. It was Mias bed time and we were too tired too. We did make it to the parade though! Wish you guys still lived here..

Lindsay said...

The dresses turned out perfect and darling!! I love them. Sounds like you had a fun 4th and 5th.. even without fireworks. We didn't watch big ones either. The parade sounds fun though! The girls look so cute.

Dave and Tana said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad to hear we weren't the only ones not going all out on the 4th.

Dave and Tana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I love the dresses, so cute and crafty I think. My sewing consists of sewing on buttons and straight lines. Great pictures.