Nov 29, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Dave and I attempted to make homemade cinnamon rolls from the McClarkies cookbook for the first time since being married and I am happy to announce that we succeeded. They are so so good! I don't think I would have been able to master it the first time without Dave, I am sure he has seen many a cinnamon rolls being made and was able to give me pointers and help. We have a bit too many though. We made it just like the book said and should have known that it was meant to feed the masses, so we have some lucky neighbors that will get to enjoy some as well.

Yum!



We also set up our Christmas tree today to usher in the Christmas spirit. For some reason this year it just doesn't really feel like the holiday season to me. I guess we need to be listening to more Christmas music or something.

Speaking of Christmas we are planning our ward Christmas party and we are excited to say that it will be our last activity! Dave already has another calling and hopefully I will be getting one soon, as well. We are doing a service oriented Christmas activity and hope that the true purpose of Christmas is experienced and remembered.

Ansleigh slept for most of the cinnamon roll making and tree decorating time but we did force a few pictures upon her.



9 comments:

chelsey said...

Oh goodness! Look at that darling smile! It's your first christmas all together. What a special one! Those rolls look amazing, and I love your little tree! Perfect for the house!

gillian said...

Tana! She is soo dang cute! I love your pictures. The cinnamon rolls are amazing. My mom and I made some for halloween. Best decision ever. :) Cant wait to see you SOOO soon!!

The Duke said...

Look at that baby's smile. She knows she's got her momma and daddy wrapped around her little finger. (Smirk, smirk.)
The rolls turned out beautifully. How was mixing the cinnamon and sugar into the dough? Did it work well? I'm going to try that, I believe.

Nancy said...

Delicious food and an adorable baby, that's my kind of post!

Michelle said...

Wish I lived closer because home made cinnamon rolls are a weakness to me and those look like heaven for a mouth. Your baby is so adorable. This post reminds me of our first Christmas with Caleb. Great looking tree!

Jess and Jen said...

I LOVE making cinnamon rolls...and eating them too...wish we were there to help eat them and see cute little Ansleigh! -Jen

Dave and Tana said...

Chris,
We did mix cinnamon and sugar in the dough but I don't think we did enough because it was not obvious at all. Next time we will put much more...nothing like making them more fating.

Dave and Tana said...

fattening...ha ha

Mike and Adrianne said...

Those looks so good. I want some right now.